Friday, March 15, 2013

Unprohibited.


Jamie Goldstrein
Writing II
Prompt #11
“Communism is like prohibition, it’s a good idea but it won’t work.”

     It’s stupid, really, to think that you can stop us. We drink. We smoke. We are consumed by the chemical experience. Yeah it’s illegal, but who cares? This is New York Fuckin’ City. You see kids smoking up on the streets. As if a little childhood prohibition is gonna stop us.
     We’re loud, impetuous, we sleep around and yet we don’t sleep at all. Your silly little rules are nothing to us. The collegiate world vomits up last night’s booze in the face of polite society. It’s not your fault. There’s nothing you can do. It’s us. It’s our choice. 
     We’re going to be stupid, because you know what? We fucking earned it. I didn’t study so goddam hard in high-school, I didn’t put off my entire social life with dreams of the big college world to do the same shit I’ve always done. Do your homework. Go to sleep early. Eat those GODDAM vegetables. You know what my social life in high school was? Fucking nothing. 
     It’s high time those days ended. So yeah, I’m gonna be irresponsible. I’m going to do what I do and fuck you if you’re not ok with it. 
     It’s stupid really, to think you can stop us. We’re young. We’re the new administration. If you’re not cool with it, well, we just don’t give a shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment