Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tear me open.


Jamie Goldstein
Writing II
Prompt 9

“Make your next move your best move.”

Hit me with your best shot; you have one more move to make. It’s not you, it’s not me, it’s us. Fuck you. Just hurt me already. I’m so fucking tired of you being nice. Blow me down; cut me in two; burn me, shred me, set me ablaze. Knock me over with the gust of your indifference. Tear me apart in the vortex of your interminable wounds. I want to feel something from you. Give me the best pain you can muster. Let me fear your worst.
Cremate me in the firestorm of your past. Let me be your crucible. It won't hurt me. I won't flinch. I want to bleed for you. Give me the pain that you cannot bear. Let the monsters in your closet devour me. Let me sacrifice myself to the gods of your torment. 
I need you to talk, but would you please shut the hell up? There’s too much fucking static buzzing in my skull for me to think right now. Give me something to write on. I bare my soul for you and we pretend like it’s not there. Write me that love song in blood, not ink. Stop hurting yourself. Maybe don’t. Maybe you need to feel something. I do, but I don’t fucking cut. 
I need some new pains, these old ones don’t quite scream like they used to. Christ I’m scared. Shit. Just let me do something stupid. Just let me fucking do something. 
I want to scream out for something good. 
I want to scream for you, and everything you’ve stood for.
I don’t need you to save me, I need you to blow me away.
So knock me down, you have one more move to make. Hit me with your best shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment