Thursday, March 14, 2013

3/5 Class

"Make your next move your best move"

Recently I've been so caught up with planning that I've hardly actually done a damn thing. I don't live in today, I don't live in tomorrow -- I live in the ever-elusive "two or three weeks from now, once I've written this and gotten around to that, etc." To stay on the ball I've postponed living for pretty much the entire semester. Over the past few days, though, I've been feeling my head come out of the fog a bit, been able to, if only slightly, pay attention to my present and not my always-postponable future. So this prompt couldn't come at a better time for me, really. I'm young for but a fleeting moment, and every day in this city that whizzes by like the A train will never stop and turn around, never come back and pick me up like some convenient public transportation. I aim, from here on out, to constantly and consistently make my very next -- not my next next, or my 3-4 nexts move, but my actual approaching present reality -- the boldest, bravest, most only-chance-in-a-lifetime decision I can.

-Reid Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment