Wednesday, March 20, 2013

“Not "Seeing is Believing," you ninny, but "Believing is Seeing." For modern art has become completely literary: the paintings and other works exist only to illustrate the text.”



Really believing that something is real without seeing it is what belief really is. If one has to see something to believe it, then they had no belief at all. People don't see God, but they believe in him and that's what makes their belief strong. When speaking of belief on arts, it can be taken as the words that describe a scenery or a character that help the audience feel as if they're there. I believe the movie Lincoln has had this effect; no one in my generation knew Lincoln or how he acted. The way Daniel Day Lewis portrayed the American Icon made me believe that I knew him personally. The way he spoke, moved, and reacted set my beliefs to think that's who Lincoln really was.




-Wilbert Pion

No comments:

Post a Comment