Monday, February 4, 2013

Freedom

I think that freedom lies in what we believe establishes us free.  I agree with the quote in the sense that it can be taken away rather quickly depending on who is making the rules.  I can't imagine my siblings and I fighting for freedom when we are constantly being told how easy we have had it.  I can't say whether or not I would have engaged in the sit-ins and protests...especially if my own voice was not being heard.  We all may have similar ideas but different voices.  I don't agree with the idea of fighting for freedom when, if we do believe in how free we are...we are still being told what to say, how to act, and what to think.  So to me freedom can be the bigger picture of going where I please, and having the opportunity to vote and attend college...but I don't think those things mean as much to me as other people think they should. So I will take my dose of freedom in small steps such as writing down my thoughts and realizing what they mean to me before someone else comes along and tries to define what they think I should believe.

1 comment:


  1. Every generation has its own interpretation of freedom, and we can not pass it
    to the next generation. To obtain the freedom, you must fight and protect your
    achievement. Someone consider having the civil rights as a freedom. Lets distinguish
    different understandings of freedom among the woman. Ones seek freedom in
    equality with men, and many women take part in the movements for women civil rights and became successful in their efforts. They became free form men’s dominance in life, carrier,
    money, politics etc. However, for the others , who suffer domestic violence on a daily basis, freedom is the way to abuse and be save.
    So, many parents do not want the same fate for their kids, and everyone must find
    their own way to be happy and free. Freedom is a subject of sacrifice, and can not be
    given as a gift or inheritance. Certainly, the precede generations made a huge efforts
    in different fights for civil rights, and we have them as gifted. However, each
    individual must admit his own meaning of a freedom, what make you happy and
    free…

    Natalya Perfilova

    ReplyDelete