Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Price of Life

For the past few days, I have attended two of all the events in the Price of Life campaign. The campaign is to raise awareness about human trafficking, whether it's labor or sex trafficking. It is happening right now in different places, not just places like Thailand and Indonesia, but here in Manhattan. This wasn't the first time I heard about it, but hearing from a survivor of sex trafficking and people working against the two trafficking, I start to wonder what I'm doing in my life, and that got me really frustrated. Sure, I got into what I like to do because of an experience I had in the industry and it's suppose to be something I'm passionate for. But the reality is this: while I'm enjoying my time here and learning in the most expensive classes in the United States, there are people suffering and being trafficked in all parts of the world. I just suddenly think we're so spoiled and selfish, to be enjoying such luxury when there are people basically living in hell. But what can I do? Nothing I do will bring about change that'll last. Nothing I do will suddenly change the course of others' lives and save them. What can I do?

-Adrienne Chan 

No comments:

Post a Comment