Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Be peaceful. Be courteous. Obey the law. But if someone puts his hands on you, send him to his grave. By Malcolm X


If you are provoked you have the right to stand up for yourself. But you should never be the instigator of violence. I’m all for peace and I have a hard time being aggressive but I acknowledge that sometimes being aggressive is the the only way to achieve change.
If you want to change something major in society and go against the system you need to be aggressive. I don’t believe that peaceful demonstrations can achieve major change. Even if some instances of history, like Gandhi, prove me wrong. If you want change be ready to pack a strong punch, especially against oppression.
But aggression on day-to-day life, like being stupid to someone just because they were mean to you first, I don’t believe in that. You shouldn’t let others’ meanness change the way you want to behave.   

No comments:

Post a Comment