Tuesday, October 8, 2013

"How You Do Anything Is How You Do Everything"

          Although this quote is thought-provoking, and I could probably write an entire page on my thoughts, I won't. And that is because I simply cannot focus. Why? I cannot focus, not because I have a calculus midterm looming over me, and not because it is freezing cold out, but because in three days, I will be on a train back to Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, back to my home.
          Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, or what my friends and I like to call 'Cheta Sprangs' or 'Narnia', is a quaint, suburban town 45 minutes west of Philadelphia. No, it is not 'Pennsyltucky', but yes, there are plenty of greenery, farms, trees large strip malls, Wegmans and Targets, some things you don't get in the city.
          For much of my life, I always admired the city. Philly. Boston. DC. New York. The hustle and bustle of people, cars and information excited me and was such a stark contrast to my mundane life at home, where walking meant hiking on a trail, and the subway was a fast-food chain. Every time my family and I traveled to the city for the weekend, or even for a day, I felt a rush of excitement being immersed in something so fashionable. I never understood how people could live in suburbia when the city was full of so much opportunity.
          I've been at NYU for 6 or 7 weeks now, and although I've enjoyed myself, my time here and the city, I've never missed Cheta Sprangs more. The comfort of being able to look out my window and watch the color of the leaves evolve with fall, or the ability to smell freshly cut grass are just two things I took for granted. Obviously, I miss my family, my friends and my car, but it's the daily, little things that I miss the most. Snuggling in my jammies in bed on a rainy day, or dinner with my parents. In 3 days, I will be on a train back to Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, back to my home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment