Saturday, February 7, 2015

Life's Relativity

February 3rd, 2015

I guess I am starting this prompt rather randomly. I walked in late, right after the first "true" class of the year had started. But, realistically I am not too worried, simply because I know I was late for a reason.

My purpose in life is to fulfill my personal tank of morality and happiness on a day to day basis. Sometimes irrepressible changes, as Junot Diaz says, can alter everything- even when we do not want them to... But you roll with it, just as you would roll with the marbles that fell out of a cup if you were one because if you try to stay stagnant, anxiety and stress overcome you, and there's no reason for that.

Last night, one of my best friends, Meagan Martinez, realized she had to leave New York University this morning. Her mother's loan for her college dropped due to bad credit, and she does not have income to file for a new one. Last night, was my night with her, and this morning I stared at a random stranger's lost NYU ID card on the ground.

Do I deserve to be here?

No comments:

Post a Comment