Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Asfandiyar Husain- "its never the changes you want that change everything"

When I was a child, I was in love with hockey. I played and watched it as much as I could. I even dreamed of playing for my school team some day. So it was of no surprise that at the start of 6th grade, when the students choose their preferred sports in P.E class, I see down hockey. I daydreamed about impressing all of my skills. Unfortunately, the spots filled up quickly and I was placed in the soccer group. Having never played the game before, I was distraught. I started to hate it already. At the start of the first match, I tried to get a hang of the game by looking at two teams. I found it quite similar to hockey, so I watched with interests. My thoughts on the game had started to change.

A few months later, I already had a favorite soccer team and a good grasp on how to play. As tenth grade approached, I practiced harder to get into the team. At soccer tryouts, I did my best and managed to get some positive reactions from my teammates. Hopeful, I looked over at the coaches and noticed them throwing glances at me and murmuring to themselves. They gave me one final look and scribbled on their notepad...

No comments:

Post a Comment