Saturday, November 22, 2014

Life: A Random Hand.

Journal by Amanda Regalado
10/6/14
Life: A Random Hand.

"I want to have fun. It's a beautiful life. You learn, you win, you lose, you get up."
-Nas

Life: A random hand of cards drawn to you, cards that you cannot control or choose.  Life: A box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.  Life: A game everyone is given an opportunity to play.  Crazy. Unpredictable. Fun. Life.

A writer named Naz once said, "I want to have fun. It's a beautiful life. You learn, you win, you lose, you get up." This quote is reflective of Naz's sunny disposition and optimistic outlook on life.  I very much love this quote.  In fact, I am going to tweet it later.  I like it not because it is deep, not because it is philosophical, but because it accurately describes my outlook on life.  Something I hold of utmost importance is happiness.  Some people try to find their happiness in money.  Others in success.  Still others in relationships.  I am guilty of each of these. However, in order to obtain true happiness, you cannot put your fate in the hands of these objects that are imperfect, that are temporary.  These things will only let you down.  Happiness is a choice.  You must choose to be happy, regardless of your situation.  True happiness comes from appreciating life.  All of life.  Its about finding the beauty in the not-so-beautiful, and seeing the light in the dark.  

No comments:

Post a Comment