Sunday, May 19, 2013

What if?

I'm not your average come-from-behind success story. I come from a nice family, a good neighbourhood, a home with food on the table, and in high school I was a nobody. I come from a place where success is attainable as long as you put the work in. A place where my competition was myself and the only enemy that I had was the person staring back at me in the mirror. I turned my life into a never-ending cycle of basketball training and information. My world turned into the hardest fitness camp of all time, and as I got healthier my game progressed. I was constantly researching. Watching the Lebrons, the Chris', the Carmelos. The only difference was, they weren't watching me. They had no idea what was coming, who was out there and how it could all change. By the end of senior year I had shattered the mirror, the opinions of my doubters, and then my own collarbone. I could never shoot again. I had a chance at the American Dream, and just like everything else, it shattered. - All White Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment