Sunday, May 19, 2013

Here

I'm from a place that says a thousand things in three syllables. It is iconic. Known. Respected. I'm from a place where the streets are filled with chance and choice and you always one step away from winning it all. Being from Vancouver means that I know my place. I know where I'm from and I'm proud of that. Being from Vancouver means that I know my hockey. I know that winning is everything. Forty-three years without a ring will teach you that. All that matters is putting the puck in the net. Being from here means that winning is rejoiced and failure is never an option. Here is sometimes falling, and getting right back up when you do. Being from Vancouver means that the city is behind you no matter what. We'll watch, we'll cheer, we'll boo, but we'll always love our Canucks. Here is repping the blue and green. And here is where the winners will rejoice, soon enough. - All White Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment