Sunday, May 19, 2013

Gone

I can never meet my hero. He's dead. Gone with the wind like a child's balloon, drifting so very fluently into the stratosphere, equally as confusing and even more heartbreaking. My grandfather died before I was born, and from what I knew of him her was a great man. He was a hard worker, a government employee with the purpose of making the lives around him better. I've never known what it's like to have a grandfather. I've never had the experience of getting a $50 travellers cheque for my birthday or even a gas station miscellaneous gift for Christmas. Those really aren't the things that I would have wanted, though. What I want is a person. An extra father. The presence of a wise, rugged old man to be there for me when the times get tough. That first throw, first drink, first cigar. The moments that last a lifetime, the moments I'll never have. - All White Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment