Friday, February 17, 2012

Chelsea's Prompt

"In this country we are obsessed with making people celebrities before they'e actually done anything."

Lately it seems like everyone is trying to be a part of the entertainment industry. Every time I log into Facebook some random person is telling me to like their music page or check out a song. In fact, the amount of "rappers" on Facebook has increased greatly in the past year. ASAP Rocky comes to mind instantly. I remember a few months ago I was with a couple of friend at the dollar pizza spot on St. Marks when this awkward male with braids enters the door. My friend Isaiah, an avid underground music listener, immediately started to hyperventilate. "T-that's ASAP Rocky!" he yelled, running over to him for a picture. I sat there confused. I had no idea who the guy was so I sent a disinterested head nod his way and continued to eat my pizza. After ASAP left my friend began to play his music. Honestly, I thought it was okay. ASAP Rocky was a funny looking character and I figured he would never make it big. But here we are four months later and all the NYC hype beasts are obsessed with him. Life is weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment