Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"I'd rather die enormous than live dormant"

This quote has a lot of meaning to me because it’s the way a lot of my friends think. They do reckless, crazy and stupid things because they want to live it up before they die. They like to live every day like it’s their last. This mind set might seem like the right way to go but I have my doubts. If your living every day like you’ll die tomorrow, chances are you’ll end up a broke, fat, and sickly person. I know if I were to live my life like I’d die tomorrow, then I would probably eat all my favorite foods and spend all of my money on some sort of short vacations to the Florida keys, just because it close enough to fly there quick. In the bigger picture if you live to do nothing, and you only follow the system then your life is a waste. You have to enjoy life and have fun, and ideally achieve something so you can leave a legacy, even if it’s only for your family and children. To live life enormous is taking things to an unhappy extreme. To live dormant has the same affect. To enjoy life to the fullest, everyone needs to find their own personal happy medium. For myself I know on occasion I enjoy doing more reckless/crazy things, but I also like to have quiet, me time. It is all a balance. Once you find your balance it is all smooth sailing from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment