Monday, February 13, 2017

Silence

No shade, but if this were my baby daddy I would turn too. I’m going to just go ahead and completely disregard the photo because I honestly have no kind things to say about it. I’m gunna go ahead and direct my efforts to talk about this piece, which I really enjoyed by the way. First and foremost the fact that you could seriously turn a labor story political… that takes skill. I mean she steered back and forth from having her baby and talking about futurism I mean it was a compelling piece, in my opinion. All I remember thinking about, throughout the entire time I read this, was how I once saw some clown try to compare labor pains to being kicked in the genitals. 
Lets talk about that. I don't care what that feels like for a guy, cause obviously, I don't have to worry about that. But I’ve heard it said that when a woman gives birth she is feeling the equivalent of breaking 20 bones in one instant. What angers me is the fact that someone seriously took time out of their day, a bias someone obviously, to even make the equivalencies. Now secondly, lets talk about Nelson. She makes this claim that well we basically need to stop making babies because all it does is feed the capitalist pigs’ pockets. She makes a good point in saying that “we” are left scrambling for crumbs like roaches while they stuff their pockets and scream opportunity. I always knew there was a problem with the economy of today. I always addressed and acknowledged the fact that America, although otherwise known as the land of opportunity, does not leave much room for rising stars. I mean, it doesn't make sense. Why is it that some immigrants come here and they prosper, say Antonio’s family, yet others don’t, like Antonio. Why is it that for those to prosper others must fall? Last semester, I took a class and it was quite troubling because this professor is up there talking about communism and how we should all just turn to it… And communism is this big dark cloud that we look back to and cant really decipher. What the heck is it? I could read a textbook from start to finish on what it meant and what it wanted and I still don't get it. All America decided to focus on was the fact that it gave birth to those Nazis. And I have a feeling that there might be something good to come out of it because the best kinds of things aren’t in the books. The biggest histories are the ones scarcely told. Like Comfort woman and Zelda Fitzgerald’s celebrity. It is disgusting the things you would find when you look out of those textbooks written by white conservative men in Texas. Disgusting and silenced.

                                              - Vanessa Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment