Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Your wound is your bow

I’ve been wounded by armor with a purpose to protect.
Shot in the leg by self like a Giant amongst men.
Jump to your death off the Brooklyn Bridge of life.
Hurt by love that was supposed to embrace,
embrace me so tight,
so tight that it strangles.
Leaving me breathless,
leaving me lifeless,
lifeless without care,
lifeless without love.
On that night I couldn’t protect with my gun.
Many years and tears have passed since I held your mind in my hand covering the wound.
Now I use the same hand to cover the wound in my heart.
I pray that this will never happen again.
I pray that God will forgive your sins.
As the days go on, the wound narrows like a distant road,
So cold, as your body I held.
I carry my bow as pride.
I carry my bow as feelings.
I carry my bow as your memory.
I carry my bow as your legacy.
That day two souls converged into one,
now that you are physically gone,
you live through me in the physical form,
until we meet again in the spritual form.

Atallah A.

No comments:

Post a Comment