Wednesday, October 6, 2010

...in time, which made a monkey of us all.

Swinging from trees like White Tarzan, to doing the Jidda Bug in front of White audiences.
Monkeys lined up in chains to be bought, to monkeys standing in line to buy a gold chain.
Now they're online buying a De beers Diamond.
diamond blooded, flooded
Check out my diamond flow, diamond flow
see my shifty monkey slave.
see my new monkey wave, wavey with the monkey knuckle.
Naw. That's just a nub where my hand used to be,
hard to cuff me.
Monkey get on that boat, monkey get on that bus.
Beat that monkey into nonrecognition for whistling Dixie at that baboon.
They got monkey bars in the hood.
Across 110Th street they have jail bars in the hood.
Catch that monkey bet you can't,
Stop Monkeying around here,
monkey say, monkey don't,
Monkey get off that porch.
Porch monkey get on my back
Drunken monkey
Monkey executives they run monkey corporations.
What you know about handling your monkey business?
two monkeys may stop a show but
1,000,002 Monkeys can start a revolution.

Atallah A.

No comments:

Post a Comment