Thursday, October 28, 2010

Anything that makes you part of a group tyrannizes you.

"Anything that makes you part of a group tyrannizes you." I actually went to bed pretty early last night, so I'm on like seven hours of sleep; I think it's the most I've had on a week night since school started. After watching both playoff games, I thought a long night was ahead of me, but I finished my work quicker than I expected. However, this sense of good feelings didn't transfer over into the morning. I took a shower that had more cold water in it than hot. I forgot that we pay fifty grand a year to have cold water- that makes a lot of sense. And it's not like they care at all. It is a business when it comes down to it. The repair man just gets to your room and says nothing can be done about it, the heating system should be functioning. They try to act like they care like every business does, but in reality, NYU is just waiting for that next paycheck. So, being part of a group takes away from who a person is. It gets in the way of becoming individualized and thinking for yourself. You have to consult with others before making decisions, instead of doing what you want and only listening to your opinion.


Brandon J.

No comments:

Post a Comment