Thursday, October 28, 2010

Beauty is in the eye of the advertiser.

We are living in a world dominated by pop-culture and constantly changing fads which tell us what is in and cause the uninformed to be made fun of when they're still involved in it when its out. The media is to blame for most if not all fashion trends and they achieve this 21st-century mind control by instilling images of what they believe is "beautiful" into the heads of the impressionable youth. I try not to buy into what the media tries to sell me, but ultimately my efforts are futile. I always end up sucked into whatever money-making "get-cool" scheme they come up with. For example, I swore that I would never buy a pack of silly bands, yet over the past few months I've acquired quite a few. (Many of which I'm donning right now.) Advertisement has more control over the human mind than anyone would be comfortable admitting - because to admit that you're falling for these schemes is to admit that you're suceptible to brain-washing. And we as humans would never feel comfortable letting others control how we feel. Yet it happens.
- M. Ashraf

No comments:

Post a Comment