Monday, May 9, 2016

The rain will flow

"Don't be a writer. Be writing". William Faulkner. First, I thought I knew him, but I don't. Is he related to Neil Faulkner? Or is Faulkner a common name? Just a thought. Second, what did he mean? I guess we're all here to find out, or try to guess. Or maybe some of us know. What do I think? Well, maybe he meant that we shouldn't try to be something. I think it comes to us and then we become it. Don't try to be a writer. Just write and we'll see where this goes. Not to be disrespectful but when a teacher says, "We're all writers." I don't really believe it. There are some who just have trouble expressing themselves. We're all writers, perhaps in the second option of the literal meaning. But writing should come naturally. It's kind of like rain. It flows when it does. You can't make it rain. You can pretend sprinklers are imaginary raindrops but that only goes so far. The one thing I can say though, because I'm trying to be more positive, is that the rain will flow. Nothing can stop that.

-jekoli

No comments:

Post a Comment