Saturday, September 12, 2015

"...sometimes a start is all we ever get"


This prompt most likely refers to the chances we get in life. It could refer to life in general. We are born and sometimes that’s the best chance we’ll ever get. It may also refer to simple things in life. It could mean that a boy gets a chance at getting on the varsity soccer team but that’s it. He doesn’t make the team and that shot was his only one. It could mean a woman has one shot at landing a job by meeting her potential boss for lunch, but she screws it up because her phone went off while the man was about to deliver the punch line to his really bad joke. A start. That’s it. I don’t really know what else to put down. I’m just trying to gather my thoughts by this point. This is my first written piece for college. I will make sure to save this one in a special place. I’m not exactly sure who Junot Diaz is, but I am sure she is a very strong leader and representative for women (that’s just my guess). “Sometimes a start is all we ever get”. This quote also makes me think that you shouldn’t get your hopes to0 high. You could just be getting started on something great, but it all goes down the toilet because shit just happens. I’ve changed my mind on who Junot Diaz is. She is a writer (I didn’t see that there was a title of a book/story next to her name on the board. I’ve never heard of “This is How You Lose Her”, nor have I heard of Junot Diaz before. Is this a well-known story and I’m just completely clueless? Is it just a random book and a random quote that my professor found fifteen minutes before class? I wonder if I’m the only one that isn’t really writing about the actual quote and that I’m just rambling and rambling the entire time. I actually do love the quote, “…sometimes a start is all we ever get.” It just kind of resonates with me. Personally, I feel that I have had many opportunities in my life, but that’s all they were… opportunities. They never turned into anything greater or bigger than that. “…sometimes a start is all we ever get.” That’s some deep stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment