Monday, March 10, 2014

How to Fill a Page 101

Hunter S. once said “when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro”. I have no idea what this quote is trying to say. Maybe when situations get weird, the weird turn on their professional weirdness and handle the situation like a pro. I have always heard the saying “when the tough get going, the going gets tough” or maybe it’s the other way around, I’m not really sure. I have no idea how I am going to fill this whole page with thoughts or ideas about this strange quote. Maybe that’s the test, to give you an odd topic that you might not be able to relate to and see what you can come up with. Or maybe I am way off and I should be able to intelligently write to this quote. In all honesty, it really doesn’t matter because I closed my first deal today and feel great right now. Ok, back to the topic at hand. I’m just over a half page written right now and I really have not said anything about anything so far. I am curious to know what the people around me are writing right now. Do they have something intelligent to say about this quote or are they just as lost as I am. I see their pens filling the pages similar to myself, but I have no idea if what they are writing makes any sense or not. So I have three minutes to go and by some miracle I have been able to keep this pen moving the prior seven minutes. If only I could come up with some thought about “when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro”.  Rereading the quote just then still doesn’t help, it leaves me as puzzled as I was eight minute ago. On the bright side, I will be done in less than two minutes and won’t have to worry about trying to fill this page. Well done professor, you stumped me on this one.

~ Blake Famularo

No comments:

Post a Comment