Thursday, March 20, 2014

Good People Do Bad Things When There Are No Options

Good people do bad things when there are no options. This is interesting to think about. Have you ever been in a situation where the choice is only up to you? How do you decide what to do? I am currently taking an ethics class where we learn what is basically right or wrong. I have seen so many people do wrong things being in a clinical setting. After taking an ethics class and having to write about an ethical dilemma it really stuck out to me how people are choosing the wrong decision. It is never anything to harm someone else that I see, but even just someone leaving a piece of gauze they just used on a previous patient on the ground. It seems as if they don't really think about basic things you should do that are right. People just seem to always choose the wrong thing - as if it is the easy way out. I've also seen people do bad or wrong things when they are bored. I've heard an old friend say "I didn't actually want to do drugs, I just had nothing else to do." This person I know is not a bad person at all either. That also seems very common, you tend to hear "he does bad things, or he chose the wrong path in life, but he isn't a bad person."

No comments:

Post a Comment