Tuesday, April 10, 2012

“The worst of it is over now, and I can’t say that I am glad. Lose that sense of loss- you have gone and lost something else.” -Amy Hempel

People lose a lot of things including that which they can’t obtain in the first place. For example love. You hear the saying, it’s better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all. What is that? If you lose love, you will want to forget you ever had it in the first place. Isn't that the same as never to have loved? It is like saying you caught the wind and then lost it so now you are in the same place as someone who hasn't caught it.

When I was 7, I remember losing my first tooth. My mother had placed a dollar under my pillow to replace it. When I was 13, I remember losing my best friend. She hadn’t died but just moved to another state. I had found a new friend within a month. After two months we said we were both each other’s best friends. When I was 15, I lost my sense of responsibility and along with that my virginity. I regained responsibility 9 months later.

~Katherine J

No comments:

Post a Comment