Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Personal Prayer Vol 1: Lone Dog

I read this to myself from time to time. This is one of three poems thats I read all the time. I can identify with that Lone Dog because it reminds me of myself. It reminds me that nothing comes easy, but I wouldn't have it any other way:

Lone Dog:

I'm a lean dog, a keen dog, a wild dog, and lone;

I'm a rough dog, a tough dog, hunting on my own;

I'm a bad dog, a mad dog, teasing silly sheep;

I love to sit and bay the moon, to keep fat souls from sleep.

I'll never be a lap dog, licking dirty feet,

a sleek dog, a meek dog, cringing for my meat,

Not for me the fireside, the well-filled plate,

But shut door and sharp stone, and cuff and kick, and hate.

Not for me the other dogs, running by my side, some have run a short while, but none of them would bide. 10 o mine is still the lone trail, the hard trail, the best,

Wide wind and wild stars and hunger for the quest!

By Irene Rutherford

No comments:

Post a Comment