Wednesday, January 31, 2018


This song is 2 pac reflecting on his childhood and how thankful he is for his mother. She took care of him and helped him even as he caused trouble and made it hard for her. It's a beautiful song that represents the good sides of rap. I really don't like 2pac. I don't know why. The more I learn about him the more I grow to respect him. He united and preached peace to violent black communities and fought for black rights. His tragic assassination led to him being deified with an unbelievably great legacy. I think the reason why I naturally dislike 2pac is because his music is always used by white kids to try to be “ghetto”. It pisses me off when I see friends or just people who change the way they talk, how they dress, how they act and even the music they listen to in order to make themselves feel different at times. They act like they've gone through the struggles that these people do and then use the same language speaking about their “struggles” in their upper class lifestyles. I guess I don't dislike 2pac, I dislike my association of his music with spoiled kids. It’s weird that unappreciative kids bother me because i'm one myself. It's ironic that through this exercise, themes of the song are coming as epiphany's to me. Good job 2pac now you're living up to the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment