Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Journal 12/11/17

That's really sad. I think there is a cub under the polar bear but I can't tell. The polar bear looks out of place, but the sad thing is, I'm sure it's in the exact place it's supposed to be, geographically. That's the bear's home, and it's been taken away. They're not humans, they can't just hop on a place or car or boat and find a different place to live. The best situation may be that they are found and brought to either a zoo or a some rehabilitation place with others of its kind. But that's only hoping that the bear is found. The system is not perfect, there are animals that are missed, and they have no way of communicating with others in a cry for help. The bear looks defensive and distressed. I always get annoyed when people tell me animals get stressed. Like when a fish gets transferred from one tank to another it will get stressed and not eat, but when I do that when I'm stressed, I'm being dramatic. But this bear is actually stressed, you can see it. We'll call her a mama bear, because there is a potential cub. I'm sure mama bears are stressed anyway, imagine what kind of state of mind she's in now.
-Estelle Boo (WR1-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment