Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Success, after all, loves a witness but failure cant exist without one


Shazmeneh Durrani 
Professor Mitchells Jackson
Writing 066
December 02 2014




        Success and failure are both inevitable aspects of the human struggle to attain some form of fulfillment. It is only natural, human for us to yearn for success and avoid all failure and it is equally natural for us to display our extreme level of pride over our accomplishments. We give exams, we sit for interviews, we apply for jobs, we invest in relationships and some of us excel. We secure a numerically brilliant grade on our sheet, or make it to an exceptional position at a firm and try every possible, discreet way to show it all those who did not. Our success doesn’t feel as over-powering, as meaningful until we don’t hear some kind of applaud, or gain some form of joy by announcing it to the world and it is true that success gradually becomes something that we want to show to the world more than something we invest value in for our own good. But, more than success, interestingly it is failures inseperable relationship with having an audience. For me, personally, failure does not exist. Failure is just another one of the various man-made constructions that strengthen our self-demeaning stance; it is just a perception. 
       In instances where I don’t secure myself an extra-ordinary score, I will not have failed in my own eyes, I would have done a poor job or I would perhaps call it my negligence but it only becomes failure when I compare myself to others. As I stand admist people who chase success so blindly and impeteously, I find myself to be a true failure only because they are there to witness me, to make me feel incapable in their comparison, only because I do not worship success, I pursue excellence and if my excellence doesn’t match theirs doesn’t mean I failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment