Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Journal entry 4/14/2010 Patriotism and Allegiance

I believe the past does bring out our patriotism. when I read about my culture and the history behind my people, I'm filled with a sense of pride. It's not so much that we want to feel allegiance, but the fact that we all do have a history gives us, or at least me, a sense of belonging. Although often times on books our history is glorified or romanticized, depending on the author, we can't believe everything that is written. I think we choose to believe the more heroic accounts of our people rather than facts, but accepting the facts will not make us any less. In fact, it will bring us closer because by accepting the facts, we can truely appreciate the hardships and struggles that they went through and we can look back at all we have accomplished and all we can still further accomplish.



Reymundo Solano

No comments:

Post a Comment