Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Art Thoughtz


To be honest, I missed the beginning of this video because I was too focused on his Spiderman hat. It is just odd to see a pair of eyes on top of another pair of eyes. Eventually I was able to follow the meaning of the video and comprehend the powerful message, however, my eyes kept looking at the hat. I do not know if it is the red shirt with the red hat or it is the shape of the hat that makes it seem the front is padded. I understand the point he is trying to get across about the struggles of being successful in the art world, which seems to be a white dominated area. But then I become confused as to which eyes to look at, so I choose the large white eyes that seem angry because they contrast more with the color of the hat. Ambiguity is something that can be appreciated in the art world, but it should not be the only thing that is treasured. Art is important because it is different, therefore all art should be different from one another. While a blank canvas is intriguing art, so is a speaker that yells a direct message on repeat. I think I figured it out. This video only has three colors in it: white, black, and red. I feel like this is a difficult thing to pull of, but that may be why it is distracting.

Scout Sabo 

No comments:

Post a Comment