Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happiness May Be Rare

Happiness overall seems to be one of the rarest things anyone knows these days. Everyday I hear people complaining about the littlest things. I don't remember the last day I haven't heard someone, even myself, not complain once. It seems like being truly happy is a hard thing to do for people. We all know so much about society these days that we pick our own lives apart. It is almost as if even people who make it so far in life still end up unhappy. There are people that are famous and intelligent and have or can have anything in the world that they want, but they still end up unhappy; some committing suicide and some overdosing. Maybe the more we know, the unhappier we are. People who do not have as much in life seem to be happier than those who do. I was complaining to my roommates tonight about how much school is stressing me out and I caught myself and said "I shouldn't be complaining, I could be dying and I'm not." The more people think the unhappier they get. Have you ever woken up one day with nothing to do and no where to be and felt care-free and happy? Then there are days you think about life and get unhappy or stressed out again. It is the care-free, not the smartest, not the most rich people who are actually the most happy. Seeing someone who has everything in the world happy is actually rare if you think about it, which is just bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment