Sunday, September 30, 2012

Matthew Persaud

Words like chastisement remind me of this game my girlfriend and I used to play 3 years ago when we first started dating. The words we used had to be words that people don't normally hear in day to day conversation and we would have to try and think of another word that had the same meaning. of the word. I cant say i always played fair though I made up plenty of words and twisted definitions to make myself closer to being right. When I see quotes I don't understand I try to read them backwards and replacing words so this quote would sound like talented people merit fame and I would leave out the words chastisement and punishment yet still keep the negative diction in mind in case my English teacher asks the class to try and explain the meaning of the quote. I know I'm not talented academic wise but at least if I try I know the teacher can never say he did not see any effort. I don't believe trying can get you anywhere you want in life I think that's a load of crap but I enjoy trying and i can always hope that my attempts in school don't go unnoticed by any of my graders. At least my lack of talent will not lead to me having any fame, fame is definitely not something I want in life. I like to have things simple and average I don't see myself going far in life but I'm okay with that as long as i get to enjoy the simple things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment